Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I can't help...

July 18, 2019 10:59AM
because I'm a novice myself. I got in to it about a year ago. So anything I say here take with a grain of salt.

I went electric, on the advice of a friend who has 4 smokers and has done it for years. Ease of use, was the main reason... also, and according to him, the final product is just as good as any of the other types of smokers.

I bought the Masterbuilt Pro.

I don't think it's any better than any other smoker... although I wouldn't know. ALL smokers are somewhat easy to use... what is more difficult is learning how much smoke flavor you want and how long to cook... they all have a little different smoke times.

I highly recommend a remote thermometer. I got a ThermPro - but again, not saying it's any better than the others, I wouldn't know. But a remote thermometer is MORE than worth the cost... with one you almost can NOT screw up. If you don't know: (skip this if you do), it's simply two probes inside the smoker to read the temperature inside the smoker and the meat temperature. The remote reads out this same info but also has an alarm for when your meat reaches 'safe' temperature, (in other words when the meat if fully cooked and safe to eat.... but if you prefer more well done you can set the alarm for any temp).

You can find variety cases of wood for smokers online... like Apple, Cherry, Mesquite, etc. Warning... go easy on the Mesquite... it can be overpowering, but if you get it right it's magnificent.

I have never once smoked anything that wasn't great... from the very try to now.... although it's not all equally great... it's an art, and an art I haven't got down yet. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'm back - and I need advise

Deadpool160July 18, 2019 09:31AM

I can't help... Attachments

JamesJM62July 18, 2019 10:59AM

Not an expert here. . . .

RAMbeau85July 18, 2019 04:52PM