July 12, 2019 03:30PM
I checked out a bunch of Youtube videos that were titled

" Life On A Carrier "

or something close

they were all pretty much a waste of time , because none of them really show just the normal day to day life on a carrier

yea , they all showed cool flight deck operations , or people eating at the chow hall , but that was pretty much it , and they were pretty much all the same

life on a carrier can actually be pretty boring ,

when you are out to sea , you work 12 hours on , 12 hours off , seven days a week , which might sound a little scary , but it's not , I mean your on a ship in the middle of the ocean , what else are you going to do...................LOL

your berthing / living area is usually off limit while you are on your 12 hour shift , because the other half of your department are on their 12 hours off and many are sleeping

even though you are at work 12 hours , you'll have days where you don't hardly do anything at all except spend four hours in line for lunch........LOL

but.......... you'll also have times where you'll spend 3 or 4 days on the flight deck and hardly ever see your rack , it'll go from one extreme to the other

I read alot Star Trek books , Louis L'Amour books and we played ALOT of Dungeons and Dragons

I was wanting to find a good life on a carrier video because I was curious what life on a carrier is like now

I'm sure the actual operation of the carrier is the same

but alot has changed , for one thing , they have women on board , something I never saw

and now with satellite and wifi , I'm sure their entertainment has changed drastically

when I was in , all we had was a VCR and I'm pretty sure we watched Sylvester Stallone Cobra movie , I think it was on a continuous loop in our berthing for weeks on end

IYAOYAS

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hey Iowa, you might like to know.... My oldest Son switched back to USN!

Ramgator184July 11, 2019 04:09AM

COOL

IowaRam126July 11, 2019 01:48PM

I will pass this info to my Son.

Ramgator85July 12, 2019 04:24AM

IYAOYAS

IowaRam77July 12, 2019 03:30PM

Not hijacking your thread... just, well, hijacking your thread...

JamesJM70July 12, 2019 06:23AM

2 years ago, when the Rams came here to play the Jags...

Ramgator103July 12, 2019 10:28AM