June 02, 2019 10:34AM
A thing called Yoga.

And in doing so, I'm dispelling the "real men don't eat quiche" myth. Although I'm the only male in my class and it remains a female dominated effort. You know the image. . . 0 per cent body fat and the ability to emulate a soft pretzel.Which, to an extent, is true. And not me by any stretch of the imagination.

It all began a couple months ago when I was in conversation with a lady at my gym who is a yoga instructor. Just for the heck of it, I asked her if she had taught yoga to amputees. She had.

You see, my amputee condition has created a problem. . . my spine is totally off balance for obvious reasons. And she explained to me that over time, yoga would restore balance and eliminate the hip and back pain I've been experiencing.

It has.

I should add here a couple of aspects of Yoga I never thought of.

First while it is about poses. . . breathing during the poses is equally important. It has something to do its effect on the nervous system. So there are exclusive breathing exercises that put the mind and body in a good place.

And the most intriguing aspect of Yoga is that it is a virtual medicine chest. There are poses and series of poses that work to fix everything from diabetes. . . to high cholesterol. . . to nagging aches and pains. Name a condition and there's a pose to work on it.

So now I'm at one with my soul while my soles are at one with the ground. Pun intended. Although there's some truth to it.

And I love quiche.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2019 10:50AM by RAMbeau.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I've taken on a new endeavor. . .

RAMbeau233June 02, 2019 10:34AM

Rosie Grier did needlepoint....

JamesJM217June 02, 2019 11:30AM

Re: Rosie Grier did needlepoint....

RAMbeau211June 02, 2019 12:27PM

Proof of the Pudding. . . .

RAMbeau195June 02, 2019 11:57AM

Cards did NOT sweep.

Ramgator135June 03, 2019 08:57AM

glad it's working out for you, Frank