Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grandson Football... can't say for SURE... but...

April 29, 2019 04:36PM
looks like I'm about to be a Mountaineer fan. Western Colorado University has make their offer and asked my grandson to sign a commitment... sorry, but I don't know the particulars other than... he's guaranteed 'something' monetarily plus a guarantee to be on the travel team, (meaning he's on the team), plus an open competition for starting WR.

It's been emotional, and complex, for me anyway. My grandson seemed to take it all in stride. Here's the evolution of my thoughts on the matter:

1. Sadness. As I watch him play in the Bowl game last year I couldn't believe that it might be the last game of football he ever played.

2. Happiness - that it could be the last game he plays. I may talk tough, and no doubt I support my grandson, but the game terrifies me and to know he may not be facing a serious injury from football was, welllll, comforting to say the least.

3. Sadness/Happiness - both. He wants to play. He now has the chance to do just that at the DII level....which I think is outstanding. The fire still burns in his soul... I'm happy for him, and I'm already worried. laughing smiley

Will he take the offer and commit? Well, he's sounding like he will... but we'll see. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Grandson Football... can't say for SURE... but...

JamesJM131April 29, 2019 04:36PM

It's official.....I'm a Mountaineer Fan!

JamesJM95May 03, 2019 07:49AM