April 24, 2019 08:41AM
Sharks will face Kroenke's Colorado Avalanche next.....

Portland will most likely face Kroenke's Denver Nuggets.... (Nuggets still need win one of the next two vs San Antonio,....bust out the red white and blue basketballs..... old ABA teams going head... I think Dan Issel's Nuggets will be beat George Gervin's Spurs...)

regarding the Sharks....Let's hope that Pavelski is OK,... his head and face had a very brutal playoff series.

""""""""Pavelski appeared to be knocked out, and blood poured out of his mouth, which was injured after he took a puck to the face while scoring a goal in Game 1."""""""

I've never seen any hockey game like that...... 4 goals in 4 minutes of the 3rd period for the Sharks and then equalizer by Vegas with 30 seconds left.... but after OT, San Jose was rockin' last night.....

[www.espn.com]

ESPN News Services

San Jose Sharks captain Joe Pavelski had to be helped off the ice in the third period of Tuesday's Game 7 against the Vegas Golden Knights after his head hit the ice after he was cross-checked by Cody Eakin during a faceoff.

Eakin was given a five-minute major and a 10-minute game misconduct.

The incident happened at the 10:47 mark in the third. On a faceoff in San Jose's offensive zone, Eakin cross-checked Pavelski in the chest. Paul Stastny then hit Pavelski as he fell to the ice, with his helmet slamming down.

Pavelski appeared to be knocked out, and blood poured out of his mouth, which was injured after he took a puck to the face while scoring a goal in Game 1.

"You see our leader go down, he's out cold on the ice and it was kind of like he was seizuring up a little bit so tough to see," teammate Logan Couture said.

The officials huddled as a dazed Pavelski was helped to the locker room.

"He's the heart of this team, and to see him go down like that and suffer like that was heartbreaking for us," said center Joe Thornton. "That power-play unit, it won us the game. The boys got together and said this is for Pavs. We love him. It was just a matter of will, and we willed that one for him."

Trailing 3-0 at the time of the penalty, the Sharks rallied behind their captain, thanks to two goals from Logan Couture, one from Tomas Hertl and then the tiebreaker from Kevin Labanc, who assisted on the first three goals. It marked just the second time a team had scored four goals on one major power play in a playoff game.

After Vegas tied the score in the final minute to send the game to overtime, Barclay Goodrow clinched the series for the Sharks, scoring with 1:41 left to give San Jose a 5-4 win.

The Sharks will face Colorado in the Western Conference semifinals.

[www.mercurynews.com]

Following arguably the most exhilarating win in franchise history, the Sharks will start their second round playoff matchup against the Colorado Avalanche on Friday at SAP Center, with games continuing every other day for however long the best-of-7 series lasts.

Game 2 is Sunday in San Jose, and games 3 and 4 will be at the Pepsi Center in Denver on April 30 and May 2, respectively.

Start times for each game and what television stations those games will be on will not announced until Wednesday night, after Game 7 between the Washington Capitals and Carolina Hurricanes is completed.

The Sharks scored four power play goals in a span of 4 minutes and 1 second in the third period to erase a three-goal deficit in Game 7 of their first round series with the Vegas Golden Knights on Tuesday in San Jose. Barclay Goodrow then scored with 1:41 left in the first overtime to give the Sharks a 5-4 win, which clinched a four-games-to-three series victory.

The Sharks finished the regular season with the second-best record in the Western Conference and will have home ice advantage for this round and for the conference final, should they make it that far.

The Avalanche finished the regular season in the second wild card spot with a 38-30-14 record and upset the top-seeded Calgary Flames in the first round four-games-to-one. The other Western Conference series between the St. Louis Blues and Dallas Stars begins Thursday in St. Louis.

Radio broadcasts for all Sharks games will be on 98.5 KFOX and the Sharks Radio Network.

Game 1 — Avalanche at Sharks, Friday, TBA
Game 2 — Avalanche at Sharks, Sunday, TBA
Game 3 — Sharks at Avalanche, Tuesday, TBA
Game 4 — Sharks at Avalanche, May 2, TBA
*Game 5 — Avalanche at Sharks, May 4, TBA
*Game 6 — Sharks at Avalanche, May 6, TBA
*Game 7 — Avalanche at Sharks, May 8, TBA

* if necessary
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watched OKC and followed the Sharks....

JamesJM230April 23, 2019 09:20PM

two of Kroenke's teams are most likely next for each team.....

JoeMad182April 24, 2019 08:41AM

As I said, I was following the Sharks...

JamesJM169April 24, 2019 10:47AM

Re: As I said, I was following the Sharks...

JoeMad172April 24, 2019 11:29AM

penalty call was atrocious

21Dog141April 24, 2019 12:45PM

Re: penalty call might've been overstated......

JoeMad304April 24, 2019 02:05PM

Well, I didn't see it....

JamesJM153April 24, 2019 02:14PM

thanks for the response, Joe

21Dog121April 26, 2019 06:59AM

HURRICANES WIN! HURRICANES WIN!!

BlueRidgeHorns190April 25, 2019 02:43AM

congrats to the Canes

21Dog155May 04, 2019 06:23AM

And the Sharks go up 1-0

JamesJM185April 26, 2019 10:41PM