Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So my grandson, (oldest), tells me Game of Thrones...

April 22, 2019 12:19PM
is Harry Potter + LOTR on steroids. High praise indeed. I'm very, very, very dubious about that. laughing smiley

Having never seen Game of Thrones I can't offer much here... and in fact: I don't even know what the plot of the show is.... I only know it contains a lot of sex and violence...which distinguishes from.... well, absolutely nothing.

Oh... and I know this: I believe, can't swear to this, the show is concluding soon, maybe it ended last night..... I dunno... I just know my grandson had to hurry home to catch the 'last' episode, or maybe that was 2 nights ago.

Personally I'm still watching MONK reruns, having seen every episode now some 4 times.

BTW... I bought a Blu-Ray Player. Nope, didn't need one, or particular want one...BUT.. most of the people I make videos for, (DVD's), are demanding Blu Ray so I had to buy one to test the Blu Ray disks I create... yes, I could create them but not play them. laughing smiley Anyway... my point here is that the Blu-Ray player is also a media player... IOW... it has apps on it. Hulu, SlingTV, HBO, all the common ones. I did not know they were doing that now... but they are. So that means...

I now have 3 media, make that 4 media players .... is that redundancy or not? They are: AppleTV, FireStick (not sure if that's what it's called), AirTV, and now the Blu-Ray player. All of them do basically the same exact thing except the Blu-Ray players which adds playing Blu-Ray disks.

I wonder how many more I'll be suckered into? My guess is: a lot. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So my grandson, (oldest), tells me Game of Thrones...

JamesJM209April 22, 2019 12:19PM

Re: So my grandson, (oldest), tells me Game of Thrones...

CeeZar179April 22, 2019 02:32PM

Glad you reminded me....

JamesJM149April 22, 2019 02:41PM

Not sure I would have made the Harry Potter connection

IowaRam149April 22, 2019 07:27PM

Anyone ever read any of the Dragonlance books ?

IowaRam205April 22, 2019 07:43PM

Re: So my grandson, (oldest), tells me Game of Thrones...

zn184April 22, 2019 10:37PM