Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tonight's the night.... family just departed...

February 28, 2019 07:51AM
Kerman vs Orange Vista down in Perris. 300 miles. My family just left... I'm going to the Crab Feed tonight, couldn't get out of it because I had guests already invited.

IF Kerman were to upset Orange Vista my family will most likely stay in the LA/SD area until Sunday because our next most likely opponent is from San Diego.

I won't be able to follow the game via "livestream" for a very simple reason: The games are FAR too exciting and nerve-wracking to try to watch and livestream at the same time... at least for my family it is. So I'll be following by text... and scaring the hell out of everyone in the Dante Club when I scream on every Kerman score.

Of course it's 'possible', not likely, that someone other than my family will livestream - I hope so.

Orange Vista is ranked quite a bit better than us... but who knows? Hard to compare the teams in the huge population cities and our small central valley towns... usually, not always, the teams in the huge cities are better, quite a bit better, than an equally ranked team here in the central valley. That was Not really the case in our first game, however. We were quite a bit better than Western Christian even though the score was very close.... we played LOUSY... of course, they may have played badly as well.

So anyway... Kerman is on FIRE.... the win over Western Christian was the first State Tourney victory in Kerman Basketball's history. Remember that scene in the movie "Hoosiers" when they traveled to a game and the entire town was following the team bus? Well, that's us today headed down I-5 laughing smiley

As for Gavin... my grandson, he's doing really well. Averaging about 11pts per game, the only Jr. on the starting unit, and the only one that never comes out of the game unless he's in foul trouble. I'm not sure why that is.... but I think it may be that he's easily the best at assisting and knows the game plan the best. Our leading scorer snapped out of his 4 game slump, which is very good news... and our second leading scorer is peaking at just the right time. Gavin is our 3rd leading scorer.

Finally, (at last laughing smiley ), my prediction: I have no idea.... we could keep it close... and we could get blown out of the water. We don't have that 'one' kid on his way to D1 like most teams do, but we don't really have any 'weak' players in the starting 5 either. So we're going to need some luck, no doubt about it... but stranger things have happened. smiling smiley - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

No one is sure, 21.. but just maybe Kerman's first ever win...

JamesJM91February 26, 2019 07:39PM

congrats to your boys

21Dog58February 26, 2019 08:26PM

I ain't done bragging...

JamesJM59February 26, 2019 08:36PM

appreciate the offer.....

21Dog115February 28, 2019 05:34AM

Tonight's the night.... family just departed...

JamesJM121February 28, 2019 07:51AM

Do I need to yell at Gavin? Attachments

JamesJM58February 28, 2019 10:49AM

Eyes can be distracting

IowaRam49February 28, 2019 11:10AM

LOST...

JamesJM57February 28, 2019 08:26PM

Plus...

JamesJM66February 28, 2019 08:33PM

too bad, Jimmy

21Dog56March 01, 2019 05:35AM