February 07, 2019 05:49PM
I was debating on watching this show or not

Loved the original , really like Next Generation , but I found myself losing interest with every new show after that , watched Deep Space Nine , off and on , but seldom watched Voyager or Enterprise

So I was sceptical about this new show Discovery , I heard mixed things

From the previews , I thought it looked pretty cool , just wasn't sure if I'd care for it or where it fit in with Star Trek canon

apparently it takes place 10 years before the original series , which I'm sure will alienate several fans of the original , just the look of the show looks way more sophisticated

plus the Klingons don't look anything like the ones from the original series or even Next Generation ., plue none of the Klingon ships look like any other Klingon ships either from all the other TV shows or movies

which pissed alot of people off , I'm not thrilled with it either

so.............

what about the show................

I'm six episodes in , and I'm digging it , and I didn't think I would ,

no , this is not your dads Star Trek

one thing you first notice is the modern story telling , the original show , each episode was basically it's own self contained story and always wraped up neatly at the end of each episode

not the case here , Discovery is basically just one long continuous story , like most shows are anymore , at least like most the ones on Netflix , yea , each episode has it's arch , but each episode leads right into the next

the thing I liked about this show , every time I think there is going to be a major twist ot reveal , I'm wrong ...........lol

six episodes in , I still ain't got Captain Lorca figured out

I've been avoiding all spoilers

I do know that something happens to Captain Lorca , because at the beginning of season 2 , Captain Pike takes over as the Captain of the Discovery

but I have read that the producers have listed to the fans , at least a little bit , and their changing the Klingons looks back closer to the Next Generations version and at least giving them hair , they've also teased about introducing the classic uniforms from the original show , or at least a modern version of them , , and the teaser for season two hints at the classic Klingon star ship D-7 Battle Cruiser

I'm only half way through season one and I'm already looking forward to season two . the only thing that has me worried is that their also introducing Spock into the show , which I'm sure will screw a lot of stuff up and will probably piss off even more Trekkies

but for now , I'm finding myself liking this show much more then I thought I would

The arrival of Captain Pike

season 2 trailer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2019 06:01PM by IowaRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Star Trek Discovery...............anyone else watch this show

IowaRam177February 07, 2019 05:49PM

Same here...

Arkansas Ram66February 08, 2019 04:54AM

MEH!!!! It's T.O.S. or bust!!

Ramgator81February 08, 2019 11:52AM

yeah could never get into the new shows

ferragamo7987February 08, 2019 06:39PM

Rebecca Romijn joins the show as Number 1

IowaRam102February 08, 2019 09:46PM

Pike and Number 1