Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Celery and peanut butter...

January 16, 2019 01:24PM
ran into a person recently who had never heard of this. I was dumbfounded. I had no idea anyone could exist who didn't know of celery and peanut butter, not in the USA anyway. Who KNOWS what they eat in the UK, for example.

Every so often that happens and I'm left with my mouth hanging open.

Peanuts in a bottle, or can, of pepsi, or coke... can there exist people who don't know about this? Apparently so... so social media tells me. confused smiley

Another: Cinnamon toast made with sliced bread..... saw a person on social media recently who had never tried this. Had, in fact, never heard of it. ?????????? HOW is that possible?... it's like not ever hearing about cows, or apples, or Chevy's.

Which reminds me.. while stationed in Germany one of my fellow soldiers was from the Bronx. One day, over a few dozen German Beers, he told the group of us partaking, "I've never seen a cow". It stopped all conversation dead. We immediately drew the only logical conclusion - he had been sequestered since birth in a basement somewhere by kidnappers and until he was drafted.

I could understand, (this in Germany again), a friend who had never heard of or tasted a Taco.. he was from Indiana, and this was in the early 70's. I was SHOCKED but yeah... I could grasp the concept. But this is 2019. No celery and peanut butter? How many basement bound kidnapper held people are IN this country anyway? - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Celery and peanut butter...

JamesJM138January 16, 2019 01:24PM

Re: Celery and peanut butter...

21Dog95January 16, 2019 02:03PM

every elementary school child from the 70s knows this

ferragamo7982January 16, 2019 05:46PM

Now I want it

Atlantic Ram84January 17, 2019 08:23AM

Chuck Norris and I gargle peanut butter!!! nm

Ramgator76January 17, 2019 09:28AM