Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Elton John... my wife saw him last night in concert...

January 16, 2019 07:58AM
That makes the second time she has seen Elton without me. laughing smiley The first was one of the most famous concerts of all time.. Dodger Stadium.

My wife went with a group of her friends... I wasn't invited. laughing smiley

I first saw Elton in Germany back in 1972.. he was just starting to be 'known'. He was fantastic... to this day I consider that concert one of the top 5, perhaps #1, concerts I've seen in my life.

The other times I've seen him were nearly as good if not AS good. In case you're wondering.. I LOVE Elton John.

I wouldn't even try to describe 'stardom'... especially today when the term seems so loosely bandied about that it has lost any meaning... but IMHO Elton had it. The music, first and foremost, but also his stage presence. The man is electric.

Some years ago I saw him in Fresno, a solo performance, no band. I remember about an hour into the show, (Elton ALWAYS gave you your money's worth and is always on stage for 2 hours minimum), he walked over to the piano and hit one chord then walked away... and the crowd went insane. Can you guess what song he was about to play? He walked away from the piano after playing the one chord and the audience was in hysteria. He stood there for several 'moments', the audience going nuts knowing what was about to happen.

Then he slowly walked backed to the piano and to raucous audience approval began... "Benny and the Jets".

I've told the story about how when I saw him in Germany the power went out so he played one song 'solo'. You would have thought an entire orchestra was on stage. The 'solo' song "Tiny Dancer"

I don't have 'favorites' regarding musicians, individual songs, but I can say this with any reservation... there is no one I ever liked any more than Elton John. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Elton John... my wife saw him last night in concert...

JamesJM215January 16, 2019 07:58AM

Re: Elton John... my wife saw him last night in concert...

Aries194January 16, 2019 11:40AM

I think that was his first hit, wasn't it?

JamesJM149January 16, 2019 11:45AM

Re: I think that was his first hit, wasn't it?

Aries202January 16, 2019 04:39PM

He's coming to Jacksonville pretty soon.

Ramgator176January 16, 2019 11:48AM

Yeah, very expensive...

JamesJM139January 16, 2019 11:55AM

Great 1971-1976

ferragamo79148January 16, 2019 05:52PM

Elton John

IowaRam140January 22, 2019 08:27AM

Crocodile Rock

IowaRam181January 22, 2019 08:48AM

that song always reminds me of

ferragamo79172January 22, 2019 10:29AM