January 08, 2019 07:37AM
Perhaps not the game..... it was a rout.... but then again, in a way the game was quite noteworthy, Alabama favored by everyone getting trounced.

The atmosphere was electric... but not at first. We entered Levi Stadium 1.5 hours before the game and for a long time few people were in the stands, and it didn't look like the game was going to be that big of a deal... and THEN....

The bands began dueling.... the crowd filtered in and responded... and before long, as as I text'd my daughter, it felt like we were at the World Cup Quidditch Match. 78,800 in attendance which is STRANGE because we googled it and Levi only holds 75,000 MAX and that's with expanded seating NOT available for Niners games.

The view in Levi Stadium was fantastic.... mountains in the background, and I loved that Levi is directly under the final approach for San Jose International when the winds are from the south and you could see faces pressed against the windows in the planes as they flew over.

It was my first time at Levi...and frankly, I didn't like it much. Yes, the view was amazing... but it's not a convenient stadium... especially if compared to Phoenix, for example.

Really shocked that Clemson fans outnumbered Alabama fans by I'd say 70/30.

Most amazing of all... how well my grandson's know players... they knew every player on the field PLUS all the players there representing the NFL from both yesteryear and today.

And yup, you already know.. the best part was 'quality time'. Black Bear Diner on the way to the game... hot pretzels at the game... In&Out Burger on the way home... we had a blast.

Left to right - Mason - probably playing WR in Div II next year... Gavin - QB for his HS Varsity team... and Ashton - QB-RB-WR-LB-DB-Punter-and I think coach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 07:39AM by JamesJM.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Off to see Alabama vs Clemson... riskiest day EVER...

JamesJM157January 07, 2019 05:16AM

Re: Off to see Alabama vs Clemson... riskiest day EVER...

waterfield61January 07, 2019 08:38AM

Had it last week...

sstrams88January 07, 2019 08:49AM

Pure excitement Attachments

JamesJM86January 07, 2019 12:38PM

BAHAHAHAHA......

sstrams64January 07, 2019 12:43PM

It was worth it.... Some stuff from the game.. Attachments

JamesJM141January 08, 2019 07:37AM

Oh, forgot to mention, nobody puked.

JamesJM84January 08, 2019 07:39AM

Its ok to puke...