Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yeah, good documentary..

December 15, 2018 04:03AM
I brought it up, I think, a few months ago as I saw it maybe early summer.. Afterward, I had to study up on Lynyrd Skynyrd to get all the inside details... Do you recall Rickey Medlocke from the documentary? Long blonde/silver hair.. he was the original drummer, then quit to form Blackfoot, then rejoined Skynyrd on guitar when they reformed.. Rickey has actually called my house and left a message on my machine once.. I now I've told the story, but..

My old bass player, Tim Stunson, played with Blackfoot in the 90's for about 6 years, I think.. to get the gig, he had to fly to Michigan to to audition.. But, Tim was half deaf and couldn't learn songs from CDs because he couldn't hear the bass lines.. So, I learned the bass lines for him and taught them to him.. he gave me a "thanks to" on the "After the Reign" CD.. I saw them a couple of times and hung with Rickey and the guys.. I missed one show due to illness, so Tim had Rickey call me and pretend to be the Texas State Police.. I wasn't home, but he left a message stating I'd be arrested next time I didn't make their show..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lynard Skynard: If I leave here tomorrow

ferragamo79112December 14, 2018 06:10PM

Living in the Westside of Jacksonville.

Ramgator58December 15, 2018 03:42AM

yeah they go back and visit

ferragamo7950December 15, 2018 11:42AM

Yeah, good documentary..

sstrams95December 15, 2018 04:03AM

so cool

ferragamo7959December 15, 2018 11:41AM

Thanks, '79.. I didn't know..