Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just watched The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs...

December 13, 2018 12:53PM
It's the Coen Bros... hence, great.

For those who don't know, and I don't think this gives anything away... it's an anthology. 6 completely unrelated stories in one movie. Oddly enough... and even though I loved all the stories... the actual "Buster Scruggs" story I loved the least... or perhaps tied with "All Gold Canyon".

I could go on and on about each, but won't... I'll limit myself to one... the last..."The Mortal Remains".... the acting, as in all Coen Bros. films, is superb in all the stories but particularly noteworthy, I think, in this one. I have long been an admirer of Saul Rubinek... and he is brilliant in this role. All the actors are... but Saul, for whatever reason, amazes me the most. If the name doesn't ring a bell you might recall him in Clint Eastwood's film "Unforgiven"... he plays the 'writer' who is writing about English Bob.

So ok, all that said... I think the Coen brothers are geniuses... no exaggeration. And without question I'll continue to watch them.... BUT... not being found of gratuitous violence I don't watch his movies often.... and I'm especially loathe to watch utterly apathetic toward life violence. Thus, I can only handle some of the Coen Brothers films rarely... and even then only after I grit my teeth, brace myself, and perform a half hour mantra of "It's only a movie, it's only a movie". - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just watched The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs...

JamesJM105December 13, 2018 12:53PM

Looking forward to it but

Atlantic Ram82December 13, 2018 05:09PM

Yep, watched it last week.....

Arkansas Ram44December 14, 2018 05:22AM

The wagon train one.... SPOILERS

JamesJM40December 14, 2018 06:32AM

Yep and.... SPOILERS

Arkansas Ram51December 14, 2018 07:10AM