November 08, 2018 11:47AM
Yesterday I knew my youngest grandson and I would be home alone. The other's off doing activity stuff... school related. So I bought the movie "Alpha"... to watch with my grandson but also to test my new broadband connection and how fast I could download it.

Alpha is one of those 'prehistoric' saga's.... about a boy who during his rite of passage is injured, lost, and must find his way home. Along the way he meets up with a wolf.. and they do battle but in the end become friends. Not an original concept.. by any means.. but on me it works every time.

Elijah is 8, and to say he was 'into it' doesn't begin to describe it. As soon as it ended he made the request, "lets watch it again, Papa"... but it was 8:30pm... too near bedtime. This morning as soon as his eyes opened he was talking about it, trying to get me to commit to a specific time to watch it again.

Over my lifetime I've seen pretty much all of them... animal movies, that is. I've never grown the least bit tired of them. Watched them as a kid, an adolescent, a young adult, a middle-aged adult, and now a senior. AND.. shared them with my kids, now grandkids.

Give me a tale of an animal, (doesn't matter what species) and a person coming together as friends and I AM THERE.

Lot of times.. in reviews, I see words like 'corny' used to describe some of these films... 'unsophisticated'...'too simple'... things like that. I could not possibly disagree more with those reviews... and in truth think that those who 'don't get it'... or worse - 'do but think they are childish' , are the ignorant ones. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Animals are the best...

JamesJM234November 08, 2018 11:47AM

Wife and I watched it last night as well :)

IowaRam93November 08, 2018 01:37PM

P.S.

IowaRam97November 09, 2018 05:53AM

Having been raised here...

JamesJM97November 09, 2018 06:04AM

that wet fog cold......

21Dog97November 09, 2018 06:41AM

I was terrified to drive home at night down 99

ferragamo79110November 10, 2018 07:16AM

99 and I-5

JamesJM135November 10, 2018 07:27AM

I want to see that