September 18, 2018 10:31PM
Atlantic Ram
I'm not sure I've ever even seen a Captain Marvel comic book. I do feel like I heard of him or her... The wiki page is just confusing, lol... There seem to be several incarnations. My guess is the 5 year window that I read comics, Capt. Marvel was just not a main character for some reason.

For whatever reason I am still looking forward to this movie. And especially looking forward to the next Avenger movie... which I assume she is playing a major role in.

Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel:
An ex-U.S. Air Force fighter pilot and member of an elite Kree military team called Starforce, whose DNA was fused with that of a Kree during an accident, which imbued her with superhuman strength, energy projection, and flight. Larson described Danvers as a "believer in truth and justice" and a "bridge between Earth and space." Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige stated that Larson was cast because she has the ability to balance the character's vast powers with her humanity and relatable flaws. Larson called Danvers aggressive, quick tempered, and invasive, but said while those characteristics can be great in battle, they are also character flaws. Speaking more to Danvers' flaws and her Kree and human halves "warring against each other", Larson noted that her Kree half is "unemotional... an amazing fighter and competitive," while her human half "is flawed but is also the thing that she ends up leading by. It’s the thing that gets her in trouble, but it’s also the thing that makes her great." Regarding concern that Larson was too young to portray Danvers, an accomplished airman, initial screenwriter Nicole Perlman consulted with the Air Force, who said it was not out of the realm of possibility for someone "to go very far" between the ages of 28 and 34. Larson trained for nine months, learning judo, boxing, and wrestling.She also visited Nellis Air Force Base and met with active duty airmen, including Brigadier General Jeannie Leavitt and Thunderbirds pilot Major Stephen Del Bagno to prepare for the role.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Coen Brothers returning to the old west for Netflix

IowaRam558September 12, 2018 02:36PM

HaHaHa...looks like a good one....

Arkansas Ram131September 17, 2018 06:43AM

The Homesman

IowaRam134September 17, 2018 01:31PM

Re: The Homesman

Arkansas Ram114September 18, 2018 09:12AM

Captain Marvel teaser trailer

IowaRam177September 18, 2018 04:23AM

Stan and Ollie trailer

IowaRam158September 18, 2018 05:25AM

Mary Poppins Returns trailer

IowaRam113September 18, 2018 05:27AM

I don't know a thing about Capt. Marvel

Atlantic Ram129September 18, 2018 06:27PM

Re: I don't know a thing about Capt. Marvel

zn131September 18, 2018 10:31PM

You're probably a lot better off not knowing anything......

IowaRam250September 19, 2018 06:49AM

You really want to get confusing...........

IowaRam213September 19, 2018 07:30AM

Re: Captain Marvel teaser trailer

zn120September 18, 2018 10:04PM