Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting QB question, I think... grandson, but the bigger issue.

August 16, 2018 09:42AM
As everyone on this board knows my grandson takes over tomorrow night as starting QB for the Kerman Lions... trying to fill the shoes of Sean Chambers who is with Wyoming this year.

Sean is legendary for Kerman... local media calls him the best Kerman football player of all time. That may be true. SO...

For that reason alone the pressure on my grandson is immense. But it's not just that....

Currently... and unless some kid transfers into Kerman out of the blue, Kerman has no backup QB. Yes, they have a player who will step in if need be... but he's not a QB. NOR are they trying to develop a backup QB. It's all eggs in one basket.

We've discussed quality backups for the Rams many times.... I think it a 'must', others not so much. The argument for the 'not so much' contingent being, (in part), you have to give the starting QB full rein without competition or you risk demoralizing him. I don't buy it for a second...and Kerman's situation I think illustrates my opinion very well.

With a quality backup QB behind my grandson, (or ahead if he got beat out), the pressure on him, IMHO, would be LESS than it is now with the current situation. This is High School, of course, but I think it applies to the NFL as well.

Thoughts? - JamesJM

P.S. My grandson's helmet isn't back from reconditioning, and won't be for another 3 weeks. THUS... the team just bought 5 Schutt F7 helmets, ($1,000 each), and my grandson was issued one. I don't know the thinking behind the 5 helmets which WERE NOT issued... or why Gavin gets one, (maybe without a backup it's that little extra protection?). That leaves 4 of these new state of the art helmets in storage... hmmm?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Interesting QB question, I think... grandson, but the bigger issue.

JamesJM129August 16, 2018 09:42AM