Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I believe I heard them say today that Russia beating Spain was...

July 01, 2018 03:56PM
the 3rd biggest upset in World Cup History? If not 3rd very near it, maybe better.

It appears to me that at this time, up until now for the most part, teams stressing defense is the winning strategy. And that even IF they don't play that way 'as a rule'. That's something I 'thought' I was noticing and what I've been hearing from the commentators seems to confirm it.

The Brazil vs Mexico match 'could' show this to be the case. I won't be a bit surprised if Mexico doesn't stress D and won't be in the least disappointed to take the match into PK's for the deciding factor. But can they? I doubt it. I would rather they just play their game. I'm pulling for Mexico... but picking Brazil.

If today is any indication, and I think it is, NO team better enter any upcoming match resting on their laurels. The 'fury' has grown exponentially in this knockout round.... which doesn't really make sense to me, I don't understand why that would be the case, but I can't deny what's happening right in front of my eyes.

Wondering how 'emotion' is going to factor into the remaining matches..... for example... Uruguay and France. I give France the nod BUT...an upset here wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'm 'guessing' France will be the favorite, right, wrong? What I'm saying here is that it may be possible that France is feeling a bit cocky having been matched with Uruguay.

My guess is that the three top teams remaining are Brazil, Belgium, with France and Uruguay neck and neck for 3rd.

Should England get by Columbia, and I'm picking them to do just that, the win will be HUGE and at that point I think you have to consider them.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I HATE that @#$#@#@ Geico Commercial in the World Cup...

JamesJM159July 01, 2018 07:54AM

Ok, so the save by Russia.... incredible?

JamesJM127July 01, 2018 07:57AM

dead center is OK if keeper is lunging

ferragamo79111July 01, 2018 08:36AM

Funny thing... Todd...

JamesJM92July 01, 2018 09:14AM

I LOVE it!

RamUK128July 01, 2018 09:24AM

I believe I heard them say today that Russia beating Spain was...

JamesJM75July 01, 2018 03:56PM