February 11, 2018 10:56PM
Read a post tonight posted on Facebook by a friend of mine.... note: I'm slowly weaning myself off Facebook, for the most part, this came from a 'group' on Facebook that I still read... I've given up the rest of Facebook.

I'm curious, you never join in the music posts.... so this might be relevant. The poster asked if any of us remembered the song Love Is Blue by Paul Mauriac... I believe the 'radio' version was a different artist, same song.

Having started band in the 4th grade and taught by an amazing teacher, Mr. Carr... I grew up loving all genre of music. NOT that Mr. Carr taught me that... I would have loved the music anyway.... he allowed me to learn it, appreciate it. Classical, Big Band, you name it.

So ok... "Love Is Blue" I loved from the moment I heard it... BUT.. it was NOT 'cool' to love that type of music if you were a pre-teen or teen, not in the 50's and 60's it wasn't. So I kept that to myself, for the most part. I remember about my Junior year in HS Horst Jankowski had a hit on "POP RADIO"... titled "A Walk In The Black Forest".... from first listen it was my favorite song, while all my friends thought it was spawned by the devil.. very uncool, so I could never admit I loved it.

Growing old has benefits.. the biggest, IMHO, is putting aside peer pressure and being able to admit likes and dislikes regardless of peer pressure, (what's cool).

Sidenote: Most of the songs I'm thinking of were of the more classical genre... BUT... and tragically, IMHO... also cast aside were some of the great instrumentals from back in that day that were NOT of the classical variety... artists like "The Safaris", "The Ventures". Today reborn because some of them are used in movies by directors such as Tarantino.

So ok, Steve, I know you read this. laughing smiley And my guess is.. you liked those instrumentals as well.. EVEN.. the classical one. Come on, you can admit it. laughing smiley

There is a common trait among musicians... we have our favorites... but at heart, we love music... and by that I mean... all music genre, even if not every song. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

for Waterfield only... music... but you can take chance if you want too...

JamesJM438February 11, 2018 10:56PM

Shoot yeah, Jimmy...

sstrams192February 12, 2018 03:35AM

Variety, contrasts, seeming contradictions, give spice to life.

Billy_T187February 12, 2018 05:14AM

So if the subject touches on aging-you address it to me ?

waterfield179February 12, 2018 07:40AM

Think I've asked this question before

IowaRam238February 12, 2018 02:16PM

you forgot this one

ferragamo79181February 13, 2018 08:31AM

If memory serves, you failed to mention one song. . .

RAMbeau247February 12, 2018 05:57PM

Nice call... you named the two..

JamesJM200February 13, 2018 10:08AM

not a musician but

ferragamo79159February 13, 2018 08:14AM