Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Star Wars Saga...

December 16, 2017 11:08AM
With the new movie now out.... (I haven't seen it yet, I'll see it Wednesday)... I got to reminiscing.

in 1977 my Uncle.. about 10 year's older than me, and aunt were visiting us and said they had heard about a movie that would 'change everything' it was so amazing. I had heard nothing about the movie. So we went to the big city, (Fresno), to see it. Small theater that no longer exists. We watched Star Wars... and my uncle was right, it was amazing.

After the first three, chronologically by release date, I lost a little interest BUT... I have seen them all, (except, as I said, this newest one). So for 40 years now I've been following this saga.

I like Star Wars a LOT, so don't take this wrong.... but today it's not so much the movie for ME but rather watching my grandkids enjoy it, and sharing that with them.

Another admission... beginning with the 4th movie I kind of lost track of things... who was who, what was going on. My grandkids, however, know every character. I'm not even sure I know who the good or bad guys are anymore... but it doesn't really matter.

So in my family I'm talking about 3, make that 4, generations... My Uncle's generation, (only slightly older than me but still not really of my generation), me, my kids, and now my grandkids. In my kids generation, now in their 40's, my son-in-law actually wept, openly, when Han Solo was killed off.

In my grandkids generation my oldest grandson openly wept when Anikan succumbed to the dark side.

I have never openly wept in any Star Wars movie.... but, admittedly, I've gotten a little misty-eyed a couple of times... most notably, in the last movie, (I think it was the last one), the majestic revealing of the Millennium Falcon got to me... I know, I'm weird.

I've seen a LOT of posts lately 'ranking' all the Star Wars Movies.... I'm sure you can guess that I'd put the 1st movie at the top. It's the one I enjoyed the most... the 2nd, however, I think the best 'made' of all the Star War's movies as far as 'film making', (The Empire Strikes Back). My #3 choice, however, departs from the original 3 and goes to Rogue One.

Have a favorite? Least favorite? - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My Star Wars Saga...

JamesJM267December 16, 2017 11:08AM

Re: My Star Wars Saga...

IowaRam174December 16, 2017 02:51PM

Empire Strike Back #1

ferragamo79154December 17, 2017 03:55PM