October 11, 2017 03:48AM
and obviously about a place with deep sentimental value to you.. A place that, in your youth, was the "in spot".. the place to be.. the place you wanted to play when you were old enough.. A place that has diminished over time and become irrelevant to most, but still a treasure to those who experienced it in its heyday.. Almost a parallel of our own lives.. Vibrant and full of life years ago to the masses, now forgotten and run down with age, except to those who know us the most..

There's a place here in town like that to me.. several actually, but only one that is forever in disrepair.. The heyday of a TON of my 80's successes, now reduced to a slab in a field.. Oh, but the slab still has the remnants of the stage I shared with countless bands - even famous bands such as Pantera, Ratt, Autograph, Head East, Krokus etc and I can FEEL the past when I walk on it.. I can SEE the packed house in my head and HEAR the roaring of the crowd, just as it was in the 80's.. Its an extremely special place to me, but nothing more than worthless slab of concrete to everyone else.. I so hope they don't remove that slab while I'm still alive..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 04:09AM by sstrams.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Music, this last Saturday's gig, VERY long, beware..

JamesJM336October 10, 2017 09:14PM

Beautifully written...

sstrams153October 11, 2017 03:48AM