Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mama, for you, and pass this along to Frank...

September 12, 2017 06:33PM
I tried, and I mean I tried desperately.. but nothing I have found takes the place of those golden years of "Smooth Jazz".

I find, today, that mostly I simply stop trying to 'replace' and fall back into that era and listen to my favorites.

Some of those artists, quite a few actually, are still recording... and they remain excellent. BUT.. no way for me to 'hear' them today except by going to iTunes, or Amazon Music, and painstakingly searching... which is a pain.

Long gone are any 'near' concerts featuring them. In the 90's, into the early 2000's, I was in Smooth Jazz Mecca... nary a month went by when one artist or the other was not playing live somewhere well within driving distance of me. We still have maybe 1 or 2 per year.... around Holiday's, but that's it. AND WOW.. have the prices to attend ever gone UP.

I have set seeing Oleta Adams as my #1 bucket list item... but the closest she will be to me is Hollywood.. which is NOT horrible... but at my age it is a bit of a pain. Still... I think I'll do it.. THIS year. Her version of "Get Here" is one of the profoundly amazing, and beautiful, songs I have heard in my lifetime. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mama, for you, and pass this along to Frank...

JamesJM303September 12, 2017 06:33PM

try Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane

ferragamo79103September 13, 2017 05:10PM

Oh yes I will...

JamesJM141September 13, 2017 06:56PM

Re: try Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane

MamaRAMa175September 14, 2017 12:23PM

Re: Mama, for you, and pass this along to Frank...

MamaRAMa155September 14, 2017 12:22PM