Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just watched a 45 second football play on MaxPreps...

September 06, 2017 11:28AM
On an onside kick attempt, 'failed', the receiving team got the ball and it was 'on'. Hard to describe.. only 4 laterals, actually, but I lost count of how many reverses, side line to side line maneuvers, were made. 45 bleeping seconds! That's a long play. And yes, it ended in a TD. But then you guessed that, right? I mean a 45 second play that didn't end in a TD wouldn't have made MaxPreps top plays of the week. It was #1, by the way.

I don't watch MaxPreps top plays of the week video every week... 3 or 4 times per year maybe, BUT - I have seen them enough to know that 'miracles' occur every week in High School football. Lots of them.

As some of you know I've been filming youth football games for over a decade, (the last 4 years youth AND High School). That's 6 games a week. I have some doozies. And local fans sometimes ask me that the most amazing play I ever saw was - and it's hard to say - but I think I would choose:

We were on about the 5, maybe the 4, going for the TD... bad snap. Got by the QB, and got by a LOT.. squirted maybe 20yds behind the QB and the scramble was on.. batting the ball, knocking it from player to player and pile of players to pile of players... back and back and back it went.... and since I no longer have the video I can't say for sure but I believe it was batted all the way back to about our own 30yd line... at which time one of our players got control... and 'control while still standing'.. the play still had life! Now I KNOW you want me to say that from there we returned it for a TD... but we didn't. We did return it, however, to almost exactly the original line of scrimmage... at which point our runner was tackled... AND FUMBLED... BUT, we quickly recovered the fumble. I don't know how long that play lasted, never timed it.. but my guess is... we topped the 45 second play I just watched on MaxPreps. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just watched a 45 second football play on MaxPreps...

JamesJM217September 06, 2017 11:28AM