Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Am I the only Dodger fan...

September 02, 2017 10:03PM
For the most part (and with a few exceptions) when a player comes west (football, baseball, basketball, etc) they tend not to perform up to the expectations. Why? Several theories but the most prominent (for So Cal especially) is that the weather, beaches, Hollywood, (i.e. distractions) tend to make a professional athlete just a tiny bit softer than otherwise. And that tiny bit softer becomes huge when the pressure is on. And the problem is that there really isn't anything one can do about it-unless you realize that the answer is to stay with what you have and don't try and improve your team by bringing in players not used to the "softness" of So Cal living.

In baseball another theory is that Asian pitchers -used to a far shorter schedule growing up-simply do not have the stamina to endure the pressure as the season wears down. The Dodgers are loaded with Asian talent but talent simply cannot overcome strength.

Simply put, Babe Ruth, Tom Brady, Michael Jordon would never have achieved their potential had they concentrated their play in So Cal. Yea there are exceptions but I'm speaking of the overall picture.

. They are
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Am I the only Dodger fan...

sacram354September 02, 2017 07:04PM

Re: Am I the only Dodger fan...

waterfield155September 02, 2017 10:03PM

I have debunked this several time

ferragamo79171September 04, 2017 04:24PM

Re: I have debunked this several time

waterfield152September 04, 2017 06:47PM

his first game aside........

21Dog154September 03, 2017 09:33AM