Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It went well...

August 06, 2017 08:05AM
But I'm exhausted today. Yes, it was HOT.

Played until about midnight, so only around 3 hours... but the heat sucked the life out of me. Packed up and got home about 2am then up at 7am this morning for church so today I'm a Zombie.

We started with one of 'those' evenings... nothing was working, electronically that is. Problem with our board, our lead guitar player's effect pedals were screeching horribly.. (never did completely figure it out, I think it's gone)... one mic went dead - two mic cords and 1 speaker cord died on us. I forgot my 'moongel'... (stuff to put on the drum heads to dampen the sound) so I went to my old standby: duct tape.

Our next gig is Oct. 7... and it's a good one. Pozo. Pozo I've written about... in the middle of nowhere, population maybe 3... but there is a bar there with a very large outdoor stage and they bring in all the big bands.

Funny thing last night.. it was an FFA fund raiser.... while setting up we noticed that everyone in attendance was quite elderly... so we switched plans to go with our old song list, and a lot of 'country'. However.... by the time it came to play the kids had arrived, and outnumbered the old people by a good margin.. so we switched back to our classic rock song list.

I had not played in a while so I put on a pair of drumming gloves that I keep in my stick bag... but NEVER use. It worked, no blisters this morning. thumbs up smiley I did lose my voice last night, which is WEIRD because I don't sing many songs.

This morning I'm expecting a call from PETA because on the way home I ran over a squirrel, a raccoon, and just missed an opossum and a deer. Pulling into my yard I nearly hit another small, young, dog that somebody else dropped off at my house, (again). I haven't seen it this morning but I'm sure he, or she, is somewhere in my front yard hiding out.

Today my plan is to pass out, go unconscious, and remain so until tomorrow morning. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

sstram... you off diving? Band Gig.. not looking forward to it.

JamesJM297August 05, 2017 09:07AM

Not yet, Jimmy...

sstrams186August 05, 2017 10:24AM

It went well...

JamesJM175August 06, 2017 08:05AM

Re: It went well...

21Dog225August 06, 2017 08:51AM

Ah.. duct tape..

sstrams161August 07, 2017 06:39AM