Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nearly one year car research is over....

August 04, 2017 09:55AM
Bought my wife a car yesterday. We've been at this for nearly a year. She's picky. Very picky. I could never get a handle on exactly what she wanted... answers to my questions were always along the lines of "I'll know when I see it".

I had given up, to be honest here. Then yesterday my daughter found a car at CarMax that she thought "Mom" would like... we went in to look at it. "Mom" didn't like it.... but she looked over at this other car and said, "That's the one". It was a car that I knew NOTHING about... A Kia Optima Hybrid. But remember, this had been going on for nearly a year.. so when she said "That's the one" I didn't ask... didn't inquire, didn't do any research... I simply said, "We'll take it", and we did. I didn't even test drive it, ("Mom" did). It's in my driveway now.

When we got it home she insisted I drive it. (I really didn't care). It's nice... I like it.... but it's a Hybrid... any of you have a Hybrid? You can't hear them start. I mean that literally... YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM START! I have to get start confirmation by looking at the gauges. And it makes weird sounds... something like I would expect from a space vehicle, perhaps an alien spacecraft, but not a real car. It has whines and purrrs, and basically sounds like the sound track from a Sci-Fi movie.

Last night my daughter and I tried to add up the clues as to why this particular vehicle was "The One". All we can think of is that she really liked the color, "Pearl White" and it had a rear view camera. Also bluetooth for her phone. But nearly all cars have rear view camera's these days... and bluetooth, so we think it was the color. "Mom" won't admit that, however. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nearly one year car research is over....

JamesJM354August 04, 2017 09:55AM

We have an orange car

Atlantic Ram156August 06, 2017 09:07PM

I know a nearby farmer...

JamesJM136August 06, 2017 09:33PM

pickup colors

21Dog158August 07, 2017 05:11AM