Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For many years at Universal Studios...

July 17, 2017 04:44AM
the props used in Plant of the apes were exhibited on their tour. Well, not actually exhibited as much as visible. Strewn along the route you take down the hill to the sound stages.

As the years went by they weathered badly... worse and worse.

I was there just a couple of years ago, I think? I saw one of the caged wagons but only because I was looking very hard... the guide no longer points them out. Few today remember the movie at all. It's not a big attraction anymore. Sad.

One of the good things about being old, (maybe the only one laughing smiley ), and being fascinated by movies is that I remember all the locations and props and other things they used to mention on the tour all the way back to the 60's, maybe 50's. When I take my family I point many of them out.... things the guides no longer mention or even know about.

I know, for example, exactly where the Fugitive fell in the opening credits. Told a guide about it a few tours ago and she had never heard about it. I know which sound stages several TV shows were filmed in, no longer mentioned on the tour. Which bungalow was Lucy's dressing room (movies, not TV show).

Saw several movies, TV shows, being filmed when I was on the tour.... including Back To The Future. War Of The Worlds, the newer one. Haven't seen many actors, a few.

So anyway... back to Planet Of The Apes.. darn shame they let those sit and rot... I'm sure many would have purchased them. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Planet of the Apes..

sstrams522July 14, 2017 03:58AM

I can see that

Atlantic Ram185July 15, 2017 06:28PM

I was kinda disappointed...

sstrams209July 16, 2017 10:17AM

LOVE the original. It got better as I got older.

Ramgator195July 16, 2017 02:01PM

Has anyone ever seen the 1 or 2 hour making of the original?

Ramgator155July 16, 2017 02:03PM

For many years at Universal Studios...

JamesJM200July 17, 2017 04:44AM

That's typical..

sstrams177July 17, 2017 04:50AM