Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Planet of the Apes..

July 14, 2017 03:58AM
Of course, a HUGE fan of the original when I was a kid.. I remember the radio ads with one of the Apes yelling, "the only good human is a dead human!" and my dad stating emphatically that we were not going to see that movie.. Well, we did.. multiple times... Huge fan of the sequels, although I thought they went way off the rails an ended up being goofy..

The 2001 remake with Marky Mark wasn't great.. it had its moments, but just didn't scratch the Ape itch..

The 2011 reimagining, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, was great.. We saw it when it came up, but never saw the sequel, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and had lost track of the series.. So, with the new movie War for the Planet of the Apes, we had to rematch and watch both movies to get up stop speed.. Really nicely done, imo.. explains exactly how a planet of the Apes was created..

So, now we're all pumped up for Caesar and ready to go rock War for the Planet of the Apes tonight... The only review headline I've read said this movie will make you root against your own species... Well, which species would I be rooting against? ; )

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Image error
File not found.
open image URL

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Planet of the Apes..

sstrams521July 14, 2017 03:58AM

I can see that

Atlantic Ram185July 15, 2017 06:28PM

I was kinda disappointed...

sstrams209July 16, 2017 10:17AM

LOVE the original. It got better as I got older.

Ramgator195July 16, 2017 02:01PM

Has anyone ever seen the 1 or 2 hour making of the original?

Ramgator155July 16, 2017 02:03PM

For many years at Universal Studios...

JamesJM200July 17, 2017 04:44AM

That's typical..

sstrams177July 17, 2017 04:50AM