Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Couple of different..

July 12, 2017 03:16AM
sharks - Gray Caribbean Reef Shark and a Bull Shark.. I didn't actually touch them, as I was in enough trouble already for getting that close (lol!) so just filmed them..

Its funny: we always do a Blue Hole trip which includes a dive of The Blue Hole and second dive on Half Moon Caye and a third dive on Long Caye.. Half Moon Caye is, by far, the best dive in Belize and most of my videos are shot there.. I have done the dive now about 12 times and have never come up with my own dive group because I break off to shoot shark footage.. But, its really cool because the dive masters trust me to be alone and do my required safety stops and come up sort of in the right place - although one time another boat almost picked me up lol..

Green Moray Eels are getting aggressive at the reefs in front of Turneffe Island due to one reason: Lionfish have infiltrated the region (as well as the entire Caribbean) where they have no natural predators, so divers kill every Lionfish they see on every dive, or the Lionfish will take over the reefs and kill the reefs and fish and ecosystem.. they freakin' multiply like rabbits!

So, for the last couple of years, the freshly speared Lionfish would be fed to the Green Moray Eels in an effort to teach them to attack and kill the Lionfish.. Didn't work out that way.. Instead, the Green Moray Eels are getting super aggressive with divers thinking there is a free meal in the near future.. So, we no longer feed the Lionfish to the eels.. Its funny because the Eels and Red Snappers, who will eat the Lionfish whole in one bite, follow divers the entire dive now..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Image error
File not found.
open image URL

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So, travel-wise, what are the odds...

sstrams554July 11, 2017 11:27AM

WEll well well....look who's back.

73Ram250July 11, 2017 01:52PM

Yeah '73, all the important stuff..

sstrams234July 11, 2017 04:01PM

"I'm feeling my years"...hahaha oh yeah

73Ram269July 12, 2017 02:09AM

Couple of different..

sstrams231July 12, 2017 03:16AM

Re: Couple of different..

73Ram267July 12, 2017 04:20AM

Yeah, Bulls are unpredictable..

sstrams223July 12, 2017 04:51AM

Re: Yeah, Bulls are unpredictable..

73Ram246July 12, 2017 05:09AM

Re: So, travel-wise, what are the odds...

RamFire267July 11, 2017 02:34PM

Yeah RamFire it blows..

sstrams229July 11, 2017 04:03PM