Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Prom has come a long way since when I went

May 09, 2017 12:51AM
Oh no , neither of my Proms were in the gym , neither mine or my wifes , my schools Prom was at Fillenworth Resorts on East Lake Okoboji and my wifes school Prom was at the Clay county events center , her high school was much larger then mine and had ten times more students , I went to like one of the smallest schools in the area , and she went to the largest

My Proms was mostly just picking up our dates around five , then going to the dinner and program , then the dance , after the dance we went to the local drive in for a while and , then after that a couple different parents had after prom breakfasts out at their farms were we hung out till morning before finally taking our dates home

But now days , that thing in the school gym is just a small part of Prom , actually , it's Pre-Prom , it's like from 4:00-6:00 , and it's just mostly a grand march and photo opportunity , so everyone can see the kids all dressed up , pretty much the whole town is invited to come , but this all takes place before the Prom actually starts , last year , my daughters Prom was at Village West Resorts on West Lake Okoboji

Yea , the cost , as for the cost of the Prom it's self , the class treasury paid for most of the prom meals and renting the conference rooms and stuff , so the actual cost for the students themselves was pretty minimal , but you're right, now and limos , where a group of them would rent a limo , , but even I chipped in for that , which I didn't mind , I felt they were safer in a limo , then out driving , and I'm forbidden to talk about the price of the dresses

I remember my Prom , my grandparents lent me their big ol'e Chrysler New Yorker , talk about going to Prom in style...............lol

But now they have like two major photo shoots before Prom even gets started , the first starts like at noon , down by the lake , then the other is at the gym , then after the photo shoots at the gym , is when they leave to actually go to their prom ,

I think at my prom . we took maybe a dozen photo's ................total...., which is to bad , only about 2 or 3 of those pictures actually survived .............lolo

I'm not sure how much the Prom and after Prom has changed all that much from when I went , but the Pre-prom stuff is a whole new ball game

The grand march

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It's Prom season

IowaRam411May 07, 2017 03:23PM

Re: It's Prom season

waterfield207May 07, 2017 09:21PM

A gazillion..

JamesJM246May 07, 2017 10:01PM

At least they are going. I know SOMEBODY that was too scared!

Ramgator175May 08, 2017 03:51AM

Prom has come a long way since when I went

IowaRam332May 08, 2017 02:07PM

waterfield235May 08, 2017 07:38PM

IowaRam246May 09, 2017 12:51AM

OK!!!! WHICH ONE OF YOU??????

Ramgator209May 09, 2017 07:59AM

Always thought she was kinda hot

IowaRam311May 09, 2017 08:52AM