April 01, 2017 11:56AM
Staring Mark Wahlberg, with supporting rolls by Kevin Bacon, John Goodman, and J.K. Simmons

A movie about the Boston Marathon bombing a couple years ago

Excellent movie

I did a little fact checking to see how accurate this movie was , because we all know how Hollywood likes to take liberties with movies that deal with real events

But it sounds like this movie is very accurate , the only thing it sounds like they took any liberties with was Mark Wahlberg's character , who didn't exist , he's basically what they call a composite character , in real like , there was no one police officer that was there at every key event , so Mark Wahlberg's character was based on a few different police officer throughout the search

but the events themselves were all pretty accurate , the Bombers’ friends at UMass Dartmouth , MIT Police Officer Sean Collier , Intense carjacking scene , Wild shootout in Watertown , The manhunt that shut down the Boston area , How the manhunt ended , all were pretty spot on

Towards the end of the movie, they show a picture when the younger brother was being taken out of the boat he was hiding in , and in the photo , you see a red laser rifle sight dead on in the middle of his forehead , I'll admit it , it was kinda creepy

overall I defiantly give this movie two strong thumbs up , and recommend to everyone

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

We watched Patiots Day last night

IowaRam465April 01, 2017 11:56AM

Re: We watched Magical Beasts and Where To Find Them last night

IowaRam202April 02, 2017 04:35PM