January 11, 2017 07:58PM
I have great respect for you. Up until a few days ago my wife and I were stuck in a lovely cabin above Fallen Leaf Lake near Lake Tahoe. No access-road not plowed, no TV, no internet, no neighbors,etc. Luckily we had stocked up on plenty of food and booze. While we lived in Lake Arrowhead for roughly 5 years and went through some good winters -nothing like this ! I thought I had lost my springer when she went diving into the powder which was at least 4 ft deep. She was literally swimming in the snow trying to get a foothold. At one point I was shoveling down to a small road that travels along the lake and was plowed by a neighbor since it was on private property. The snow was up to my waist ! In any event after about a week we seemed to get a break in the weather and we quickly packed up and began to drive out. We have a Highlander AWD but it was very hairy slipping along this narrow path with a feeling we could at any time end up in the lake. We got out but were lucky since its been snowing and raining every since. The worst part is the rain because it turns to slush and there is no traction for the tires and if it's cold enough-which it was-it all turns to ice ! My grandson's first race of the season was cancelled-too much snow and wind (175 mpn sustained at the ridges)

Glad to be home safe and on solid ground. But I truly respect those of you who must put up with this stuff during each winter. You guys are simply tougher than we are here in So Cal. Maybe that's why our teams suck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2017 08:01PM by waterfield.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

For those of you who live in the snow country

waterfield521January 11, 2017 07:58PM

LOL, you should have stayed....

JamesJM265January 11, 2017 08:46PM

Re: For those of you who live in the snow country

ferragamo79269January 12, 2017 09:21AM

Re: For those of you who live in the snow country

IowaRam301January 12, 2017 09:58AM

time to break out the winter clothes in Cali

ferragamo79316January 15, 2017 10:37AM