Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I saw Rogue One... I liked it.

January 03, 2017 11:43AM
JamesJM
I didn't think it was a great movie... and I think they screwed up BIG TIME, (I'll get to it)... but overall I was entertained.

Some spoilers coming up: Don't read this if you haven't seen the movie and intend to see it.

I got quite misty eyed when Carrie made her appearance. No fault of the movie, obviously... but her onscreen appearance really caused one to exit the world of "Star Wars" and return to everyday mundane earth.

So I have two complaints - neither do I think should keep anyone away from the movie. As I said, it's entertaining... slow in places, but still fun. I knew nothing about the movie going in so once I knew the plot, (it doesn't take long), it played out somewhat like a murder mystery - in that trying to see ahead to how things were going to unfold was fun.

Ok, my complaints - they are trying to hard to come up with characters like the ones presented in the very first movie. Frankly... I didn't find myself infatuated with any of the new characters... not that they were bad.. they just didn't have 'it' to me.

Second complaint - how in the world they could end that movie without giving C3PO and R2D2 major screen time is beyond me. It was like telling Darth Vader's life story and never mentioning Skywalker... (which they didn't, by the way... or if they did it was fleeing).

I didn't know it but I guess a few more Star War movies are planned... at least two more, maybe more... ending with Chapter 9.... of which I know nothing. - JamesJM

Wasn't a big fan of the last Star Wars "the force awakens" except for the nostalgia, the story was the same old story...

But, Rogue One was fantastic!!! Love how it explained some things about the original Star Wars and how it tied in so well... No need for you to get into any of the main characters Jimmy, cuz they all die in the end. Sad, but a great way to end that movie.

The movie wasn't about R2 or cp30, it was about how the rebels figured out how to destroy the Death Star....just enough Vader at the end was perfect.

I saw it the night before Princess Leia died and talked about how sad it was that she was in the hospital recovering from a major heart attack with my wife, only to wake up to the sad news the next day that she had passed.
Seeing her at the end of that movie made it even more of a classic.

[www.instagram.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I saw Rogue One... I liked it.

JamesJM525January 03, 2017 07:27AM

Re: I saw Rogue One... I liked it.

Rampage2K-316January 03, 2017 11:43AM

You thought I was saying..

JamesJM354January 03, 2017 01:09PM

Re: You thought I was saying..

Rampage2K-332January 03, 2017 01:13PM

Yup, I thought the new Droid was pretty good...

JamesJM297January 03, 2017 01:16PM

Oh, forgot.. did you see it in IMAX 3D?

JamesJM284January 03, 2017 01:54PM

Re: Oh, forgot.. did you see it in IMAX 3D?

Rampage2K-315January 03, 2017 05:33PM

I have never seen anything in IMAX 3D..

sstrams333January 04, 2017 05:11AM

Saw 'Hero 6' tonight...

JamesJM277January 03, 2017 10:10PM

Thinking about renting the new Magnificent 7...

JamesJM345January 04, 2017 12:20AM

I finally got to see it....

RAMbler324January 12, 2017 01:15PM