Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beginning to think my new Jag is high maintenance...

December 24, 2016 06:45AM
Nothing major but a lot of little things. Faulty tire pressure sensor that they can't fix or won't, not sure which. I understand this is common with all tire pressure sensors, however, and not specifically Jag's.

Oh wait, one major. Timing chain.... but it's under warranty. It will take a couple of days, however.

Lost the gear knob module.... in case you don't know, (I didn't, till I bought a Jag), the gear shift is a 'knob' that lowers when the car isn't running and rises into position when it is... utterly nonsensical to me other than it's cool to watch... like the vents opening and closing automatically on start/shutdown... no good reason for it at all except it's cool to watch. Anyway.. the shift knob was rising then lowering again failing to rise again... leaving me with a car that was running but impossible to put into gear... had to restart a few times until it stayed 'up'... easy fix, all is good now.

NOT a 'bug' BUT... took me two months to figure out my radio DID get AM stations... ok, ok, I didn't figure it out, my grandson did.

My side rear view mirrors have two settings, both of which you can have 'memorized'... one setting for driving and another, automatic, for backing up. The right side works the driver's side doesn't (for backing up)... again, they either can't or won't fix it.

All that said, best handling car I've ever owned. Also... get a lot of "wow, nice car" compliments.... and some confused looks when I step out of it in farmer's garb and not Gucci apparel. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I was born to drive a Ferrari... Attachments

JamesJM468December 23, 2016 03:34PM

Nice....

sstrams255December 24, 2016 04:04AM

Beginning to think my new Jag is high maintenance...

JamesJM238December 24, 2016 06:45AM

I always thought Jags were high maintenance..

sstrams267December 24, 2016 07:58AM

Yup, and I suspected that going in...

JamesJM270December 24, 2016 08:31AM

You'll definitely feel the road...

sstrams240December 24, 2016 08:42AM

The British aren't known for cuisine or cars James

LesBaker264December 25, 2016 05:50AM

That's true... so when I went to England, a few years ago...

JamesJM196December 26, 2016 10:38AM