Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Backup video cams on new cars.....

December 07, 2016 03:46AM
First time I ever saw one of these cams was in 1985 in San Antonio when I got to sit in a Lamborghini.. The back window was a sliver of glass, so they HAD to have the cam in order to backup.. I thought it was totally cool.. I've never owned a car anywhere near that sophisticated, tho.. and its all good because I'd never use the backup cam..

I grew up having to backup down a 50 yard extremely narrow driveway where if I veered off more than 6-7 inches either way I'd hit either my mom's house or the neighbors house.. Nerve-wracking the first 4 years of driving, but I got extremely good at it in time.. In fact, I got to where I wouldn't look behind me and rarely used the rear view mirror.. I was just able to line the car up by looking straight ahead.. Still backup like that to this day - at work I have a similar situation and people are always freaking out that I don't look behind me to back out.. Of course the down side is that somebody might walk behind me while backing up.. that'd be their problem tho.. smiling smiley

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Backup video cams on new cars.....

JamesJM497December 06, 2016 08:31PM

Re: Backup video cams on new cars.....

sstrams197December 07, 2016 03:46AM