Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Backup video cams on new cars.....

December 06, 2016 08:31PM
Clever, huh? Both my daughter's cars have one, which I've driven many times. I like them, they're fun, and they also make my backing up skills fade into oblivion.

As a farmer, ( I say that a lot don't I?)... I backed up a LOT.. you can't really appreciate that unless you're a farmer... 21Dog will know (hooking up trailers, implements to tractors, the list is infinitely long).... as farmers we back up as much as we go forward. I'm "Mater", in other words. I can back up as well as you can go forward. Enter the 'backing up video cam'.

Using the Cam I can backup at approximately 1mph.... some of that is 'trust', granted. Without the Cam... no speed limit. I can floor a pickup in reverse and stop precisely when the hitch matches the tongue on anything that can be hooked up. I can go down a ditch bank in reverse faster than you can go forward, (not you 21). I can use my center review mirror, my side mirrors, no mirror.. but with the CAM... I miss doctor appointments because of the time it can take me to back out of my driveway.

I was pretty darn good at "Pong", by the way.. but they lost me with Pac-Man. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Backup video cams on new cars.....

JamesJM496December 06, 2016 08:31PM

Re: Backup video cams on new cars.....

sstrams197December 07, 2016 03:46AM