Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Youtube of youth football...

August 28, 2016 04:56PM
I should explain. First - what you're about to see... the 'confrontation'... I liked it. spin tounge smiley

This is my oldest grandson, Mason. Mason has never been an 'aggressive' player... not in the 'hard hitting' sense. Oh he WILL, to the best of his ability... but Mason's aggression is FAR more in dedication to his 'craft'... he's first and foremost a WR - the boy can catch, amazingly so. He's a student of the game and his position... but mixing it up with the hitters, welllllll, he will, but it's not his forte. Also... Mason caught Valley Fever early this year... 7 days in the hospital and 6 months recovery. From an already thin 165lbs he dropped to 145. Since then he's worked his butt off.. he's back to maybe 156. He's a Senior, been the starting WR for the Varsity since his Sophomore year.

Mason is also starting Safety this year, his first year starting on defense. I was a bit nervous about that but on Friday he was 2nd in tackles and tied for Tackles+Assists. It's not his strength, receiving is, but he's giving it his all.

There is no 'good guy/bad guy' in this video.. I don't see it that way. This is simply 'football'. There IS a penalty. So what do I like? thumbs up smiley Good question. I like the
controlled aggression of football... I think we all do. Mason isn't a tough guy, by any means... (that's probably apparent in the video)... but he's "TEAM".. to the bone.

Mason is in RED, #8. The guy who hits Mason late in this video (not the lineman who he first scuffles with), believe it or not is the QB for our opponent. #11... pretty sure I admire the kid for doing it. wink2 smiley #11 drew a personal foul.

Also, of course, included in this video is his TD reception, (I didn't make this video for this board, just sharing it - and he's at the bottom of the screen - Wide Right). We got KILLED by this team... the TD came about mid-way through the 4th, (they still had their starters in the game). The TD for us was HUGE... you could see their hopes and will giving way before we finally got on the board.

Just one more thing: If you think his reaction to scoring the TD a bit strange.. you're right, here's the reason: He was in tears. He really wanted this game... we didn't come close... after scoring it was 'validation' for Mason, for all his team's hard work... and, for good or bad, he's like me... emotional. Ya gotta love his teammates, they know how Mason is. Trust me, he was HAPPY.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Youtube of youth football...

JamesJM887August 28, 2016 04:56PM

Not working

IowaRam505August 28, 2016 05:35PM

Sorry.. it should now...

JamesJM471August 28, 2016 05:46PM

Now it's working

IowaRam545August 28, 2016 05:56PM

Final score was 41-7

JamesJM480August 29, 2016 11:13AM