Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just got home from the second opinion..

August 25, 2016 12:22PM
I nearly teared up when he told me, "No amount of therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture or drugs is going to fix your problem.. Only surgery will fix your problem"...

Which he followed up by saying basically the same thing the first surgeon told me, "You don't need emergency surgery, but you're extremely close to needing it"

Now how the hell for 34 years was I "a hair away from needing surgery" to basically becoming "a hair away from needing emergency surgery".. this year after drinking two beers before the MRI?
While I'm almost in tears that somebody FINALLY believes I have a REAL problem, it amazes me that all along I was a hair away from needing emergency surgery when I couldn't even convince anyone I NEEDED surgery...

Anyways, surgeon #2 says he thinks I need to go the fusion route between C3 and C5 - so fuse two discs.. Says I won't hafta wear a cone of shame and could be back at work in a week.. Even tho I was sorta convinced I wanted to go the disc replacement method, I left hi office feeling a LOT better about the procedure... Still gonna have a two inch scar on my neck, tho... Dad gum it why do they wanna mess up this face? No Way smiley

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anyone ever have a disc replaced?

sstrams791August 25, 2016 08:27AM

Oh boy! My Mom.

Ramgator528August 25, 2016 08:40AM

Yeah, I've heard rehab is key..

sstrams449August 25, 2016 09:40AM

That reminds me

LesBaker462August 25, 2016 11:35AM

get a 2nd and 3rd opinion

ferragamo79458August 25, 2016 11:37AM

Just got home from the second opinion..