Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Opening Ceremonies Review...

August 05, 2016 09:17PM
I wasn't impressed, but I liked them. confused smiley

I HATED that the Olympic Theme song wasn't played until... geeez, I dunno, an hour into the program?

My 'best parade attire' award goes to Burundi... One of the African nations pretty much wins the 'best uni" award for me every year... but a shout out to the the South Pacific Nations who make it a contest. The others? Ehhh.

The guy who was sobbing as he marched in... forget the country... that was the BEST... he felt it, he had the right spirit.

The whole show seemed 'low key' to me with the obvious exception of some fantastic projection.... and I liked that. It had the 'look' of a rather poor country doing their utmost best... and I applaud them.

FRANK... Rambeau that is.. you KNEW "Girl From Ipanema" was coming, right? They should have used the original cut... sexiest song EVER.

It's the God Blessed OLYMPICS... lot of you don't get that, that's ok.... but I was on FIRE. Daydreams... my grandson winning a gold in 'Rowing"... my granddaughter winning a gold in Diving... and then: The actual athletes winning Gold and rejoicing in the joy that only hard work and dedication can bring. It's the best... better than a Lombardi, better than an Oscar, better than winning the lotto.

It's the Olympics, and if you don't get it... again, that's ok, your loss. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My Opening Ceremonies Review...

JamesJM868August 05, 2016 09:17PM

I really liked...

sstrams528August 06, 2016 05:02AM

The best part

waterfield523August 06, 2016 10:21AM

Ok, I can see that... but....

JamesJM566August 06, 2016 05:12PM

Wasn't she..

sstrams508August 07, 2016 03:50AM

Air rifle