Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

10 Cloverfield Lane

July 31, 2016 09:21AM
So I didn't see Cloverfield... So if it was a SCI FI flick then I am a little off base with my bad rating. The movie was OK, not god but OK. I was giving it the benefit of the doubt an expecting the ending to be the pay off... even if I knew it was a sic-fi/horror flick I would have thought it a joke. Like an O'Henry ending... just nonsensical... and IMO poorly done and they seemed to add unbelievable on to unbelievable. Like a spoof of a bad movie.

I am usually all over the place with movies. Some get much better ratings than I give them and vice versa but never this bad. The last movie that was completely stupid that got a relatively good rating was the talented mr ripley.

I think what bothers me is I am not able to separate myself and others from their opinions... ie. "they must be stupid" and I know thats not the case... But in this case I don't feel like its a matter of subjective tastes because I love good sic-fi. I mean if this movie was supposed to be like a campy version of the Trouble with Tribbles then OK I kind of get it. Just kinda blows my mind a little.

Years ago we were talking about no such thing as bad music. I wonder if the same applies to movies... IDK... I am still on the side of the fence that doesn't believe that to be true... but it may be the semantics that I'm not in line with.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So I watched Cloverfield 10

Atlantic Ram782July 30, 2016 07:23PM

I pretty much..

sstrams530July 31, 2016 04:31AM

10 Cloverfield Lane

Atlantic Ram608July 31, 2016 09:21AM

There's plenty of movies..

sstrams541July 31, 2016 09:26AM

I liked Goodman in it...

DaJudge556August 03, 2016 12:46PM

I thought the acting was good...