Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Wine Recommendation...

August 02, 2019 03:40PM
I don't make many wine recommendations because I'm aware my taste in wine is considerably different than most people, having been raised on my grandfather and uncles homemade wine... I like it quite a bit more 'pungent' than most... BUT....

The other day when my son and I went to Jocko's to eat we stopped at the Madonna Inn and I bought a bottle of DAOU 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon... $38... but since this was at the Madonna Inn I'm sure ANYWHERE else it's much cheaper. I highly recommend it... it's still 'smooth', (what most people like these days), but not OVERLY smooth like most... it's still real wine. Wonderful aftertaste and perfect, IMHO, with any meal. But don't go by me...

I like Red Wine with FISH.. so there's that. laughing smiley BUT... the last few years I HAVE, finally, acquired a taste for white wines. NOT the sweet ones.. ycccch, but the dry whites I can enjoy now.

For Californian's... or anyone familiar with Calif. wines - I know this is sacrilege BUT... I really think the Paso Robles area is producing better wine these days than Napa Valley. Don't get me wrong... it's close, and Napa wine is GREAT... but I think I give the nod to Paso Robles. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A Wine Recommendation...

JamesJM114August 02, 2019 03:40PM

Re: A Wine Recommendation...

ferragamo7975August 02, 2019 03:46PM

I had never heard of that....

JamesJM64August 02, 2019 04:17PM

haven't been to Daou.....

21Dog50August 03, 2019 01:56PM

As you may know, I'm partial to Chianti....

JamesJM47August 03, 2019 02:29PM

Kirkland brand products are very underrated

21Dog146August 03, 2019 03:20PM