Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

anyone else suffer from RLS?

July 12, 2019 09:06PM
RLS = Restless Leg Syndrome. It's genetic in my family. My Mom had it, I have it, two of my kids have it.

I think the effect varies from person to person with one common theme, the urge, (irresistible), to move. There is no cure, they don't really understand what causes it. I hear some medications can help but I, nor any of my family, has ever tried medicine for it. It must run it's course which for me is usually a couple of hours but can last an entire night.

It is miserable... truly horrible.

One VERY odd thing about me and my daughters is that we all feel that a 'fix' would be enormous weight... and for us it may 'work' because I've tried it. I have never 'read' anyone say this about RLS except my daughter's and I so that's why I said the effect, I think, is very different among those who suffer from it.

Now trust that I know this is going to sound very very odd, and it will be hard to believe... but it's the same for my daughters... it feels like 'relief' would come by literally crushing weight. When I tried 'weight', it WAS effective... not a cure, but nearly made the sensation tolerable. I used 6 50lb weights place on my upper thighs. 3 on each leg. The relief was fantastic. I left the weights on until my legs were nearly numb, perhaps a half and hour, then removed them.... I could still feel it but it was just tolerable enough to get to sleep.

I don't think it's all that rare and I'm guessing that some of you may suffer from it? - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

anyone else suffer from RLS?

JamesJM152July 12, 2019 09:06PM

I'm not sure

Atlantic Ram82July 15, 2019 05:06PM