Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Missed the first half of todays game...

December 02, 2018 04:44PM
but I have very good excuse... at least I think it's a good excuse.

Two dear friends of mine... husband and wife, and parents to one of my best friends (who passed away a couple of years ago)... are growing old. Near 90. They attened'ed my church for as long as I've been a member. They can no longer attend Mass... and have a caregiver living with them now. Today, after church.. I went to visit them. They love my visits because they know how close their son and I were... and they love to reminisce.

BUT.. before you think I'm a saint, laughing smiley , we were sitting at their dining room table, visiting, and behind Tex, (My friend's Dad), was a small portable TV...and guess what was on? laughing smiley

So I'm listening... contributing.... and all the while in the background I could see HORNS flashing across the screen. It was a lot like being near a beautiful woman who is showing a lot of cleavage... I did my best, I SWEAR IT... but I was sneaking glances.

One more thing... what makes a "Home"? My friends are quite wealthy... yet they still live in the home they built back in the 50's...now showing it's age. The walls were so filled with family photos that I don't think I could tell you what color the walls were painted. Knick-Knacks as far as the eye can see. STILL in 50's decor... every room. It was.... a HOME. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Missed the first half of todays game...

JamesJM125December 02, 2018 04:44PM

I missed all but the last two minutes of the game

21Dog67December 03, 2018 05:47AM

Was this your daughter that.... Attachments

JamesJM96December 03, 2018 06:13AM

that was her

21Dog78December 04, 2018 06:16AM

"but she did, in just under 5 minutes"

sstrams74December 03, 2018 06:41AM

oops.....nm