Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Football.. ejections in HS...the rules... I didn't know this...

October 06, 2018 05:09AM
Here's how I always thought it went... when a player is ejected from a game they must leave field. Every single ejection I've ever witnessed... and I've witnessed many over the years... followed this course of action. NOT A SINGLE EXCEPTION... until last night.

We had a player ejected. Pushing incident in which our player pushed the other player up and under his helmet. Ejection... BUT...

And pardon me if this isn't clear.. this includes what I saw happen but also what I 'heard' and which I can't confirm. Our player did not have to leave the field, and didn't. What I heard.. he was ejected for one series... ever hear of that? What exactly constitutes a 'series'.

After what our coach thought was a 'series' our player reentered the game on a kickoff... penalty. He was removed and we were penalized. Our player never reentered the game and this occurred in the first half.

Also... it was my understanding that a player ejected from a game had to sit out the following game. I've seen this happen... but I can't say that I KNOW it's a hard and fast rule for all ejections.

According to all our coaches, (or at least the majority of them), our player does NOT have to sit out the next game.

This was all new to me. And no, I'm not arguing FOR our player.. just confused on how ejections are penalized.. apparently there are alternative. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Football.. ejections in HS...the rules... I didn't know this...

JamesJM170October 06, 2018 05:09AM

Re: Football.. ejections in HS...the rules... I didn't know this...

73Ram128October 06, 2018 05:28AM

I don't know... I DO know...

JamesJM124October 06, 2018 05:37AM

Players changing high schools are fairly consistent in So Cal

waterfield127October 06, 2018 04:06PM

Re: Football.. ejections in HS...the rules... I didn't know this...

Aries174October 06, 2018 03:42PM