Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Youth Football Officially Ends...

December 04, 2017 10:13AM
Our awards ceremony was held yesterday. Thus ends KYF's youth football season. Each year I make a 'guess' as to whom I think will win the awards... I am right well over 90% of the time... BUT... of course, making the videos I see every play of every game many, MANY times. There are surprises, occasionally... not every year but this year there was a big one, the biggest I've witnessed in the decade+ years I've been following KYF. And it came where I least expected it.

Our Seniors had two great RB's... BUT... they much preferred one of them. In fact, the last two years he easily carried the ball on over 80% of the total plays. He won MVP last year.. surely this year he'd win again. Then came the announcement - and there was a bit of a gasp from audience before the applause began... NOT because the 'surprise choice' didn't deserve it but rather because everyone was sure the star RB would win. Personally... I was quite pleased. The kid chosen had few carries, receptions, BUT... no one on the field gave more to the team than he did... making the most of every opportunity... and 'lead blocking' for our RB like a bulldozer.

I have to admit that I was not surprised that my grandson won MVP for the Juniors... although he DID have competition.

And I'm done for the year, right? Are you out of your mind? Basketball began the day after the last game. laughing smiley I have learned, however, that there will be a full day off between Basketball and Baseball come this spring. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Youth Football Officially Ends...

JamesJM359December 04, 2017 10:13AM

video not working nm

21Dog103December 04, 2017 02:02PM

Sorry about that...

JamesJM104December 04, 2017 02:25PM

Nice photo of Ashton... Attachments

JamesJM156December 04, 2017 03:17PM

Re: Nice photo of Ashton...

ferragamo79195December 05, 2017 09:01AM