Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Thanksgiving to Remember

November 15, 2017 10:11AM
This happened a few years ago.

It was Thanksgiving morning. The turkey was thawed, washed, and seasoned. I was ready to put it in the oven and start in on preparing the side dishes. My gas stove/oven was about 16 yr old at the time. I went to turn the oven on.... and nothing happened. It would NOT turn on. It had worked fine the day before but just like that it was deader than a doornail. I don't think the stovetop burners were working either. I was in a panic. How was I supposed to prepare Thanksgiving dinner without a working stove and oven? And why did it have to happen on THANKSGIVING DAY of all days?!! My mind was spinning. I thought about using the microwave but the turkey was too big to fit and even if it could fit.... ewwww... it wouldn't have cooked very well in there. I thought about rushing to Walmart and buying an electric roaster but it was Thanksgiving Day. Other than Walgreen's, stores around here were all closed on Thanksgiving Day!!! I was out of options. Naturally our Thanksgiving dinner plans were dashed and we had to improvise. We ended up nuking some baked beans and hot dogs for dinner. It wasn't exactly a Thanksgiving feast but we were grateful that we at least had something to eat and something to laugh about. The day after Thanksgiving we went out and bought a new stove and then I went to Walmart and bought an electric roaster to keep around as a back up in case anything like this ever happened again. Nothing like that has happened since, but I'm ready if it does. smiling smiley

If you have a memorable Thanksgiving story to share (good or bad), I'd love to hear it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2017 10:22AM by MamaRAMa.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A Thanksgiving to Remember

MamaRAMa397November 15, 2017 10:11AM

Thanksgiving and electric roasters

waterfield191November 15, 2017 02:01PM

Thanksgiving and electric roasters

waterfield214November 15, 2017 02:03PM

not a single memory........

21Dog200November 17, 2017 03:55AM

good post, 21...

JamesJM174November 17, 2017 04:08AM