Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sad message came in to my website today....

November 06, 2017 01:52PM
I'm actually not officially affiliated with Kerman Youth Football.. the organization. I merely run a website to record my grandkids and have expanded that to include every grandkid, kid, playing.

Never the less.. I get a lot of email... and despite the disclaimers on the site many, most I think, assume I am officially part of the organization.

This came in today... and it got to me. It was very brief.. saying, "what is the impact of this program, how does it keep my son away from gangs?".

That's it, one brief sentence. I did not answer this email personally... that's the President of KYF's job... I forwarded him the message.

But I couldn't help wondering how I would have answered it. Easy to feel the 'fear' in this father's plea. I would have been hesitant to say, "Youth sports are no substitute for good parenting"... not in those words anyway... but it's true.

At best Youth Activities, supervised, and not just sports, are a tool... in a long list of tools.

I don't know....but it did occur to me that if any organizations exist locally that can help a parent deal with this fear I'd like to find them... and add their contact information. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sad message came in to my website today....

JamesJM403November 06, 2017 01:52PM

First thing that came to my mind was..

sstrams242November 07, 2017 05:05AM

I don't believe that's a "sad" message

waterfield157November 07, 2017 07:44AM

It's not the parent's concern...

JamesJM151November 07, 2017 09:30AM

Re: It's not the parent's concern...

waterfield140November 07, 2017 11:46AM