Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fisher liked Nashville... THIS is my home...

May 19, 2017 05:22PM
And I love it more than Fisher EVER loved any place he's ever lived in.

Posted this, or like this, before. Just a group of farmers meeting at "Scotts Market"... 80's is my guess although this was "The Place" in the 50's. I know all these guys except one. All are now deceased except John, the young guy with the sun glasses hanging on his T-Shirt.. who still lives here, early 70's in age now. I've got 'dirt' on every guy in this photo, except the one I don't recognize... center in the cap holding a coffee cup.

GREAT store... cold drinks, ice cream, bologna sandwiches, (salami if you were sophisticated), WD 40 and muffler brackets for a 72' Pinto. GREAT stocking system as well.. WD40 with the Hair Spay, (where else?)... motor oil with the cooking oil.

That's Fatty sitting on the Coke Cooler... and no, I'm not being rude. That was his name, nickname.. never went by any other name. Ray... his actual name.

Ray had a wooden leg, airplane accident in the 50's. Whose story should I tell? Mine, or Donnie's? I'll tell both.. quickly...

Donnie's Story... Party.. very inebriated.. meaning everyone. Donnie wanted to shock some women folk who didn't know Fatty... went up to him with an ice pick and stabbed him in the wooden leg... but oops, got the good leg instead.

My Story - Fatty liked to imbibe but only once a month, lasting for 3 days. At the end of 3 days we took turns taking Fatty home, (his wife wouldn't allow him in the house during his time of the month), so he slept in his barn.. where he had a nice cot... (quite luxurious), TV, wall hooks to hang his clothes and wooden leg. I often had "Put Fatty To Bed Duty".

That's my home. Maybe that explain me somewhat? thumbs up smiley

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fisher liked Nashville... THIS is my home... Attachments

JamesJM449May 19, 2017 05:22PM