Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bill Paxton dead at 61...

February 26, 2017 06:16AM
That sucks - he had some memorable roles... "game over, Game over!"

[www.nydailynews.com]

Bill Paxton, actor known for roles in 'Twister' and 'Aliens,' dead at 61 due to complications from surgery, family says

Actor Bill Paxton, who starred in some of the biggest blockbusters of the ‘80s and ‘90s and kicked off a new TV series just weeks ago, has died, according to a family statement. He was 61.

His family said the veteran actor died on Saturday from complications from surgery.

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” the statement to media said.

TMZ first reported his death.

Paxton had nearly 100 acting credits to his name. After getting started in the ‘70s, he scored minor and supporting roles in ‘80s classics including “The Terminator,” “Aliens” and “Weird Science.”
His profile rose in the ‘90s, when he took the lead in the disaster hit “Twister” and played a central treasure hunter in “Titanic,” which was the highest grossing film of all time for more than a decade. Paxton also appeared in “Apollo 13,” “Trues Lies” and “Tombstone.”

He also dabbled in directing, helming the films “Frailty” and “The Greatest Game Ever Played.”

In the later part of his career, Paxton focused on celebrated television roles, starring in the HBO series “Big Love” and earning an Emmy nomination for his performance in the History channel miniseries “Hatfields and McCoys.”

Paxton is a star of the CBS cop drama “Training Day,” which premiered at the start of February.

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Image error
File not found.
open image URL

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bill Paxton dead at 61...

sstrams653February 26, 2017 06:16AM

More sad news

IowaRam288February 26, 2017 02:28PM

I n Weird Science, he SORTA reminded me of my Brother..

Ramgator241February 27, 2017 04:35AM

i too was terrorized by my older brother.....

JoeMad274March 01, 2017 05:39AM

I had 6 older brothers....

RAMbler252March 01, 2017 12:35PM

Really loved him in Indian Summer.......

Arkansas Ram281February 28, 2017 10:51AM

Little late to this thread... been busy...

JamesJM319March 01, 2017 11:17AM