Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: McVay and Kupp

May 29, 2020 11:17AM
[www.therams.com]

Rams aren't ready to concede that point, here in late May.

"I don't really care what the narrative is, I care about the belief I have in our players, our coaches, and how excited I am for us to attack this opportunity and to write our own story," McVay said this week.

"Our goal and expectation is to prepare to win every single game," was his reply to whether 2020 might be categorized as a rebuilding year. "We didn't do what we needed to do last year. I own that. I take full responsibility for it."

Ask Cooper Kupp about returning to the role of hunter rather than hunted, and he echoes McVay's sentiments.

"Our expectations haven't changed; our standards haven't changed. If anything, they're continuing to elevate," the fourth-year receiver said on the Rams Revealed podcast.

There may come a time this fall when a doubting or disparaging word might appear on the proverbial bulletin board. But for now – unlike this writer – Kupp and the Rams don't seem interested in collecting receipts.

"We judge ourselves within the walls we go to work in," Kupp said. "…Any narrative that can be created outside of those walls doesn't matter to us."

Me: Sean McVay is why I still drink the kool-aid. From the very first year, when he brashly told Les Snead that he wasn't going to settle for a middle-of-the-road offense. to the end of last year when he promised fans (or so I recall) that we wouldn't end up missing the playoffs next year. I've bought in. Totally. I can see the Rams with more of a McVay stamp, especially on Teams and Defense. But I'm thinking it's more of a 2 year plan to get back to the Super Bowl. Every offseason we can count on the Rams to do everything possible to get ready for the new season, but offloading Gurley and Cooks so soon... I think that Akers will have a huge impact this year, as well as Higbee and especially Everett will have great years. I think McVay will improve situation playcalling on both offense and defense. Can't wait to see it.....

RFS69
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

State of the Franchise: Rams, Sean McVay must reverse 2019 slide

RamBill401May 29, 2020 05:47AM

RamsFanSince69226May 29, 2020 11:17AM

fullcurl175May 29, 2020 02:41PM

Re: McVay and Kupp......The team gets it!

oldschoolramfan127May 30, 2020 08:51AM

Captain Obvious must have written this.

RockRam182May 29, 2020 12:12PM

and yet...fails to mention the obvious

zn195May 29, 2020 12:45PM