Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: As long as he's confident he can find impact players I'm good with that

April 09, 2020 08:52AM
merlin
That's what this roster is lacking. First contract impact players who provide strong play at a bargain rate. Rams' roster is talented, but expensive. And with the first contract types the quality has eroded a bit so too much moving down to fill every hole might actually work against us.

52 should offer some very strong trade down opportunities. But if a player is sitting there who they have a high grade on (which is likely IMO) and who they like all around, it's going to be hard to pass on him.

Just comes down to who's there. If their short list of guys who they have high grades on but know they might slide has been depleted then I expect Snead will move down.

I'm not so sure about that. For 2 reasons. One is, first contract impact players are not affected by expensive 2nd and third contract players. The latter does not limit the number of the former since 1st contract guys are cheap no matter what.

Expensive 2nd and 3rd contract guys do limit you because you can only have so many of them. But then you have to ask if having a few especially great players is worth it compare to having 2-3 more above average 2nd/3rd contract players. I personally think it is.

In terms of 1st contract impact players, well I think they've have, and have had, their share. Kupp, Littleton, Johnson, Rapp, Hill. Among others. I think the list will be longer this year (or the next time there's a season).

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I’m making the over/under on Snead draft trades at 3...

Rams43307April 09, 2020 08:16AM

merlin99April 09, 2020 08:44AM

zn106April 09, 2020 08:52AM